Greetings Rubies and Happy New Year!
With December just about over we are all prepping for NYE festivities, so this month’s Sephora play box is perfect! The box this month is for “The Partygoers”. This is my second Sephora Play! box (you can check out my November Review here) and there is little part of my heart that flutters with excitement when I open my mailbox to find it in there.
If you are not familiar with the Sephora Play! beauty box it’s a monthly subscription program where 6 deluxe size beauty products are mailed to you. It’s a great opportunity to be introduced to new brands and cosmetics lines. I’ve enjoyed my experience thus far! There is a different theme each month; the theme for this month appropriately is Party with me.
This month all products are curated specifically with “The Partygoers” in mind. Whatever your plans for NYE these products are meant to help keep your beautifully made up face outlast the fun! Now, let’s get into it!
- Make- up Forever Skin Equalizer Step 1 face primer. Primer is your make foundation and is the difference between building your makeup look on sand or solid ground (ha!). Primer is important to your everyday skin care routine because it helps to keep your foundation in tact and decrease make-up transfer. I prefer a matte and oil free primer, for my skin type. This smoothing primer is a pore minimizer and leaves your foundation looking f-l-a-w-l-e-s-s. I would definitely purchase the full-size version.
2. Detox Dry Shampoo by DRYBAR. This dry shampoo boast that it “absorbs oils, adds body and leaves hair feeling fresh and clean”. I myself don’t use dry shampoos because they can have the opposite affect on my hair type, however it does smell very very nice and I will probably pass this along to my co-worker who will appreciate its benefit.
3. Lancome Hyponose Drama Mascara. The volumizing mascara came in the color “excessive Black Noir”. It smelled surprisingly nice for a mascara. It does add volume and lash definition which I enjoyed. However, I did find the oversized brush to be a bit cumbersome for my hooded eyes and I might have faired better with a smaller brush but all in all I loved the overall look, quality, and feel of my lashes after using it and I feel it did much better than many drug store mascara’s I’ve purchased in the past. I would be open to other trying other Mascara’s by Lancome.
4. Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray. Now as you Rubies know I prefer to try the products before I comment or review them which is why this month’s review took me a little longer to post. I’ve heard many great things about this here Urban Decay setting spray but have used other settings sprays until I tried it for myself. I am a UB Setting Spray believer. This worked so beautifully!! As I mentioned I skin type falls under the normal to oily skin category. So I stick closely to matte and oil free products, which this is and my skin loved it!!! At the end of 8 hours, my makeup still looked great. The bottle says it last for 16 hours and it has “temperature control technology” which means even in hot and humid conditions this should hold you down. I can’t wait to try it when it gets warmer. Would I purchase the full size…heck yeah I am!!
5. Sephora Creme Lip Stain. Now you Rubies already know I love a red lip. So this put a happy little smile on my face! What I love most about creme lip colors in general is that they offer the matte finish I prefer without drying out your lips. One thing to remember though is that creme lip colors take longer to dry, and this was no exception. Once dry however the color payoff was awesome. I recieved compliments all night and this shade of red will be complimentary to a variety of skin tones. Kudos Sephora! two thumbs up from me!!
6. Elizabeth James Nirvana Rose Perfume. While I knew that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen had the fashion game on lock with their The Row fashion line but they’ve also expanded to perfums as well. This has, “elegant feminie details with masculine edginess”. And it does indeed, this scent is a little to strong for my personal preference however I am open to other scents more fresh and feminine. This scent did carry and last the entire day which I appeciate when I invest in fragrances.
Of course, every box comes with a coupon for 50 beauty insider points if you make a purchase. (Not familiar with the beauty Insider program? Find out more here.) all the products come wrapped in these cute little reusable pouches, for December it’s black and gold.
How will you be ringing in the New Year? I’ll be celebrating with my family and church friends. However you ring in the new year always remember to be safe and always rember you are uniquely and wonderfully made, no one compares to you!