I pray you all are doing well and staying safe. I wanted to share a mini blog as this is a very interesting moment for not only us in the US but all over the world.
In the DC, MD, VA area, like many places we are following the CDC recommendation to “socially distance” ourselves and adhering to stay at home orders. For the next couple of weeks many are asked to telework; myself included and home-school children, myself included. In this time of uncertainty for what tomorrow will bring, I find comfort in my faith and knowing that God is in control. The bible says we walk by faith and not by sight, I am trusting in God for real for real; with prayer and
I am prayerful that this will end soon and so I am keeping our same work and school routine as much as possible. Making adjustments for the non-resistant commute time LOL.
5 things I’ve been doing to keep myself occupied during this time; that may be helpful or encouraging to someone else are:
- Praying and meditating on HIS word
Two things that have been resonating with me lately is:
- God is in control (Psalm 91)
- Faith is greater than fear
While these sentiments might be easier to say than to believe it brings me comfort to really just live in this moment and time and take it for what it is.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust”. (Psalm 91: 1-2 NIV)
2. Cherishing time with family. One big positive of all of this is that the hustle and bustle of the. Not only that but reaching out to family members and friends to see how they are really doing. There is a lot of negative surrounded by this but there is some positives as well.
3. Staying active. Be sure to exercise and take time to get some fresh air. It seems much easier to do these days than before. I’ve become more and more familiar with the lumps and bumps of my backyard playing soccer with my daughter, and sharing laughs as we play tag.
4. Perfecting a craft or start a hobby. Although I’ve been social distancing myself from nails salons for just about a year now. Finding new and interesting techniques, nail trends and inspiration has been fun to do. Also my daughter knows she can only wear nail polish when school is not in session and the smart cookie got me to paint her nails because technically school was at home. These days you can find information on just about anything on YouTube and Google. Do that one thing that you’ve been wanting to do but didn’t have the time to do.
5. Being gracious. This moment in time has really caused me to stop and really take a moment to be grateful for everything in life, great and small. Starting each day with intention and gratitude makes a difference.
Before I end this I wanted to send a very special shutout to everyone on the front lines who are helping in the hospitals, the police officers, those essential personnel who are working in the groceries stores an essential places that are open right now.
Pray for me as I pray for you and, let’s share God’s true definition of love for one another because you never know what someone is going through.